Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Happy Happy Joy Joy - Mexican ingredients available in Australia

With only six weeks left here in the US, I was not looking forward to the prospect of leaving one of my new favourite styles of food - Mexican. Read proper mexican, not gringo mexican as Noemi would say, and certainly not the tex mex fare usually passed of as mexican in Australia. The sorts of ingredients I was after include whole dried chiles, such as ancho, guajillo, mulato, pasilla and chipotle, spices such as annatto seeds, mexican oregano and epazote (yay), as well as things such as masa harina and my tortilla press, which unfortunately I will have to leave behind.

Anyway the store is in Victoria and is called Aztec Products (http://www.aztecmexican.com.au/index.shtml). And for those of you wondering, this blog was as much about tell y'all as it was helping me remember this great find :)

No comments: