Sunday, November 11, 2007

Finally my first post...

Well, this is it. My first post in my own food blog. I set up the site about a week ago, and while there have been many thoughts and cooking exploits between now and then, I haven't got around to write until now.
As the blurb suggests, I am starting a food blog mainly to talk about food and cooking. Sure it will be a showcase of my adventures with food, both triumphs and failures, but I will also discuss something that has become very important to me, where food comes from.
To give an overview of who I am for the purposes of this blog, I am a 27 years old and currently reside in the middle of corn and soy fields in Indiana, USA. I am Australian however, and moving back there in a few months.
I have only been cooking since I left home and moved in with Gemma. Since then, I have both taught myself to cook, and discovered that it is a real passion. A place where both my analytical scientific mind and my creative flair can finally play nice :)
I am however also an engineer, or to be more precise an engineering educator. I have a bachelor in both engineering and science, and a PhD in engineering education. I am currently a postdoctoral researcher and will be taking up a position as a lecturer in engineering in April back in Australia.
This bog is an attempt at capturing my cooking exploits, both small (what's for dinner) and large. Those that know me know that I have a reputation for wanting to hold rather large parties where food features predominently. For example:

The whole pig we spitroasted for our going away party in Australia.



And the whole lamb we butchered (broke down) ourselves for the Aussie party we had in September.
I have also made my own bacon (pancetta actually), corned beef and mustard pickles to name a few things.
Anyway, I look forward to starting a conversation with you, and I do encourage you to write comments, make suggestions and offer your own views.
Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!